Undergraduate Advising and Research (UAR) provides academic advising, programming, and support for students as they shape their Stanford education. In guiding students to engage with faculty and in supporting students’ personal and intellectual development, UAR encourages students to explore the full breadth and depth of their intellectual opportunities, to find their intellectual homes, and to discover a sense of belonging at Stanford.
Academic advisors for student-athletes are housed in the Athletic Academic Resource Center (AARC) and are the primary undergraduate advising contact for varsity student-athletes. AARC advisors are full-time, professional staff within Undergraduate Advising and Research who partner closely with colleagues across campus to provide a comprehensive network of support that promotes a student’s academic success and furthers his or her intellectual goals.
STANFORD STUDENT-ATHLETES ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Fully engage in the Stanford undergraduate experience and be an active participant in the University community.
- Be knowledgeable of University academic requirements, NCAA degree progress regulations, opportunities beyond a major, and campus resources.
- Be proactive in communicating and planning effectively to balance academic and athletic responsibilities.
- Take advantage of the comprehensive resources available on campus to successfully navigate their academic and athletic careers.
RESOURCES AND PROGRAMS
- Advising and Contact Information
- Partners for Academic Excellence (PAE) Mentor Program
- Tutorial Resources
- Career Development and Graduate School Planning
- NCAA Academic Eligibility Requirements
- Laptop Checkout Program