Welcome, Stanford parents and guardians! We are excited to welcome you to the Stanford family!
Approaching Stanford e-Newsletters for Parents/Guardians
Approaching Stanford Newsletters for parents/guardians will be sent monthly during the summer, beginning in mid-June. These emails will contain helpful information about preparing for Stanford.
Once the academic year begins, parents/guardians will begin receiving the quarterly Stanford Parent/Guardian Newsletter.
Information for parents and guardians during the summer may include:
- Parents & Guardians Gateway
- Undergraduate Advising and Research
- Vaden Health Center & Cardinal Care Insurance
- New Student Orientation events for parents and families, including details about the NSO Dinner with the Provost
- Academic Calendar
- IntroSems for First-Year Students
- Frosh 101 Course
- Office of Alcohol Policy and Education
- Office of Sexual Assault and Relationship Abuse Education & Response (SARA), Title IX Office, and the Confidential Support Team
- Student Services Center & Student Financial Services
- Parking & Transportation Services
The Newsletters will be sent only to the parent/guardian contacts listed by students on their Approaching Stanford Forms. If your student enters your contact information on their Approaching Stanford Forms (due June 7 for first-years, June 28 for transfers), you will receive the parent/guardian e-Newsletters this summer.
To be added to our parent/guardian database after the Approaching Stanford Forms deadline, please ask your student to send an email request with your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org, or once the academic year begins, to email@example.com. The request must come from your student.
Approaching Stanford e-Newsletters for Students
Students will receive a weekly Approaching Stanford Newsletter beginning May 8 to their Stanford email account. You are welcome to read these student Newsletters which are all available in our Approaching Sanford Newsletter archive online.
Frequently Asked Questions
Parents and guardians often have many questions as you prepare to send your student to Stanford. Please review some of our most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about paying the University Bill, packing and moving to Stanford, Cardinal Care Health Insurance, and more. If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact us!
- Installment Payment Plan - Students may opt to enroll in this plan by July 15 if they wish to spread payment of large University fees (tuition, room and board, etc.) over three monthly installments per quarter. Students can enroll in Axess.
- Cardinal Care Health Insurance - Students must acknowledge or waive enrollment in Cardinal Care Health insurance between August 1 and September 15 online in Axess. International students must submit the International Student Insurance Coverage Certification Form by August 15 if they do not wish to enroll in Cardinal Care Health Insurance.
New Student Orientation Parent & Family Events
Parents, guardians, and families are welcome to participate in events and programs on the first day of New Student Orientation (NSO), Wednesday, September 18, 2019, including:
- Opening Convocation Ceremony from 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Residence Welcomes from 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. | The conclusion of the Residence Welcomes is the typical time to say goodbye to your student. Because your student will be busy with required NSO programs for the remainder of the week, you should not make plans to meet them or take them off-campus during the week.
- Dinner with the Provost from 6:45 p.m. - 8:15 p.m. | Tickets for this event can be purchased online during the summer.
For more information about events for parents, guardians, and families at New Student Orientation and about the Dinner with the Provost, please visit the NSO Events page. Detailed information will be posted online in the summer.
Planning Your Visit
If you will be accompanying your student to New Student Orientation, you may find helpful information about travel and local accommodations on our Visitor Information website.
Stanford's Parent & Guardian Website
During the academic year please refer to the Stanford Parents & Guardians website for important information and updates about events and resources, including Stanford Family Weekend, Commencement, the Stanford Parents' Club, and more.
Approaching Stanford/NSO Team | For questions before your student's arrival to campus through New Student Orientation
Phone: (650) 723-7674
Stanford Parent & Family Help Line | For questions during the academic year
Phone: (650) 725-0649