Co-sponsored by Academic Advising and the Athletic Department, Partners for Academic Excellence (PAE) is a course intended for first year student-athletes. This ongoing orientation offered in Autumn quarter is designed to augment the traditional first-year advising program through community-focused advising groups to ultimately improve the quality of the first-year student-athlete experience.
First-year student-athletes can register for a 2-unit class, UAR 56 “Building a Successful Academic Career,” led by AARC Advisors and two upper-class student-athletes. PAE is designed to support student-athletes as they:
- Integrate into the student-athlete community and develop meaningful relationships with peers
- Understand various campus policies to make the most of their academic journey
- Explore the multitude of resources across campus
- Take ownership over their academic and social decisions
- Develop their identity on campus beyond the realm of athletics