Many organizations on campus support students interested in pursuing law or related fields. Please see the list below for a few representative examples:
- Black Pre-Law Society: The Black Pre-Law Society's (BPLS) purpose is to assist Black students in their preparation for legal careers and to provide valuable educational and social services to the Black community as a whole. Please contact the Black Community Cultural Center (https://bcsc.stanford.edu/) for an updated list of contacts.
- Derechos: http://derechos.stanford.edu/
- Environmental Law Society: https://law.stanford.edu/environmental-law-society-els/
- Haas Public Service Center: Opportunities for public service across disciplines, fellowships, and more. https://haas.stanford.edu/
- Stanford Debate Society: https://debate.stanford.edu/
- Stanford in Government: https://sig.stanford.edu/
- Stanford Mock Trial: http://mocktrial.stanford.edu/about/
- Stanford Pre-law Society: http://web.stanford.edu/group/SPLS/
Extracurricular activities are of interest to law schools who are looking for applicants who have been engaged in their community in leadership positions, public service, athletics for competition or healthy lifestyle, and activities that reflect your values and interests.
Your resume, personal statement, or an addendum can convey to law schools not only that you are a successful student, but also a sense of how well-rounded you are.
The links below cover a multitude of resources that previous Stanford students have reported helpful.
Law School Transparency
Our mission rests on the three pillars of our theory of action: reform, information, and accountability. We develop legal education policy ideas, shape the national debate of these ideas, and challenge law schools, state bar associations, and the American Bar Association to change business as usual.
Employment Information, by School
American Bar Association, Report on Legal Jobs
ABA Report disclosures
Official Guide to ABA Approved Law Schools
Boston College Law School Locator 2016-2017
National Association for Law Placement (NALP)
- Law School Directory: http://www.nalplawschoolsonline.org/
- Pre-law portal: http://www.nalp.org/prelaw_portal
- NAPLA/SAPLA Book of Lists: https://www.bc.edu/content/dam/files/offices/careers/pdf/Law%20School/2015-2016-NAPLASAPLA-Book-of-Lists.pdf
NAPLA SAPLA Book of Law School Lists
Online publication that lists law school academic programs, clinical programs, scholarships, admission policies, and other information. Individual schools should be contacted for more information.