You can read in detail about Degree Requirements and find out more on the Stanford Bulletin: Undergraduate Degrees and Program page.
Basic Degree Requirements
The basic graduation requirements are as follows:
- Earn at least 180 units
- Satisfy your General Education Requirements
- One Year of a Foreign Language (or equivalent)
- Three Writing Courses (PWR 1 or equivalent from your prior institution, PWR 2, and a Writing in the Major Course)
- Ways of Thinking/Ways of Doing Requirements. For transfer students, the Ways requirement is proportional based on the number of units transferred in. This is noted on the Preliminary Evaluation of Transfer Credit.
- Satisfy the requirements for a major
No more than 8 activity units may count toward the 180 units needed for graduation and only 27 units of Cr/NC or S/NC (including the 8 activity units) can be factored in.