To make the most of your time at Stanford you need to be willing to take risks (and make mistakes). Be intentional…and spontaneous. Reflect on your experiences in order to inform your subsequent decisions and pathways.
Questions to consider
- Have I taken a course in a discipline that didn’t exist in my high school?
- What idea or topic has grabbed my attention that I want to pursue in further study?
- How has my involvement with fellow students – in class and out – with completely different backgrounds, experiences, and opinions shaped my perspectives?
- Have I sought out an opportunity to talk to a professor one-on-one?
- How have my interests and ideas evolved since I arrived at Stanford?
- What lecture, discussion, reading, or conversation has significantly changed my view of the world and of myself?