If you happen to find yourself without a formal internship this summer, there is still time to fill your summer with valuable experiences.
- Set up informational interviews to expand your network.
- Shadow local professionals who have careers that you are interested in. Use the Stanford alumni network or your personal network to locate individuals and set up shadowing opportunities. This can be a great way to acquire an understanding of a variety of different fields in a relatively short period of time.
- Volunteer with an organization working in an arena that you're passionate about.
- Work on a project that you don't find the time to do during the school year.
- Unwind from the busy year and come back refreshed!