Whether you’ve declared or are still debating majors, summer is a great time to get a better sense of what a field is all about, or choose a track within a major.
HERE ARE SOME SUGGESTIONS:
- Browse faculty profiles on department websites to see the range of questions and methods used.
- Read research published by faculty you hope to work with.
- Conduct informational interviews with alumni in the major, or people working in related fields.
- Read nonfiction bestsellers published in that field, plus reviews of such books by professors.
- Browse the entire Subject prefix in Explore Courses to see the range of topics and themes encompassed by the department. (Tip: introductory classes will generally be closer to the beginning of the list.)