Several interdisciplinary programs allow students from any major to do an honors thesis or capstone project that connects thematically to the program.
The interdisciplinary honors programs are:
- Comparative Studies in Race and Ethnicity
- Democracy, Development, and the Rule of Law (CDDRL)
- Ethics in Society
- Feminist, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
- International Security Studies (CISAC)
- Science, Technology, and Society (opened to non-majors as of 2016-2017)
Interdisciplinary honors programs generally require an application, a minimum GPA, and some selected classes, as well as the thesis or capstone project. Most application deadlines are in junior winter, but may range from sophomore spring to senior fall. Check the program website for the basics, look out for information sessions, and arrange to meet with program leaders for more information.