2019-2020 VPUE STEM Fellows
We are no longer accepting nominations for this year’s VPUE STEM Fellows Program. If you have questions about the program, please contact Jill Wentzell (email@example.com).
The deadline to submit a nomination for the 2019-2020 academic year was Wednesday December 4th, 2019
About STEM Fellows
With funding from the Office of the Vice Provost of Undergraduate Education, the Stanford Undergraduate STEM Fellows Program cultivates the skills and interest of students who seek to promote diversity (broadly defined) in STEM fields, ideally increasing diversity of the future professoriate.
- Participation in a scholarly community
- Stipend for summer research (Sophomore year)
- Quarterly stipend to support research activities during Junior and Senior year
- Mentorship from current Stanford graduate students
- Financial support for applying to graduate school including GRE books and test fees, graduate school application fees, up to $500)
- Participation in workshops that give a general introduction to research culture, applying for research funding, writing personal statements, and graduate school applications
Nominated students will be invited to apply during the Winter Quarter.