Arts Intensive has a $750 all-inclusive program fee, which may be reduced by half or waived entirely for eligible students. The fee covers tuition, room, board, books, and class-required travel arranged by the program.
- All students will be automatically considered for financial support with the program fee unless students choose to opt out by emailing email@example.com. Financial need will have absolutely no impact on selection of students for a course.
- The Financial Aid Office determines, based on need, whether students are eligible to receive a half-waiver of $375, or a full waiver covering the complete $750 program fee.
- Financial support awards will be visible in the application system by the time admission decisions are released. Applicants can review their award amount before committing to participate, by accessing their application at vcaai.stanford.edu.
- AI financial support is directly applied to the student account after the program fee is billed and counts only against the program fee.
Costs Not Covered by Program Fee
- As during the regular academic year, students are responsible for summer storage costs, the cost of travel to campus, or to the designated meeting location for seminars originating off-campus.
- Phone and network activation fees, course materials other than the supplied books, and personal expenses are also student responsibilities. While all course-required group trips and meals are covered, incidentals such as optional excursions, clothing and tolietries, and souvenirs from field trips would be considered personal expenses.
- Although the AI program fee covers the cost of room and board during the AI program dates, students are responsible for paying any fees related to lockouts or lost keys, damages, and unauthorized guests in your room.
Understanding your Bill
- mid-July 2021: Arts Intensive registration period. Don’t be alarmed if registering for your AI course immediately triggers the $750 program fee to appear on your university account. Even if the fee appears on your account, this is not your official bill for Arts Intensive fees. However, you are responsible for paying any other fees on your account in accordance to existing University billing deadlines.
- July 20, 2021: You are officially billed for Arts Intensive program fees.
- late July-Early August 2021: After you receive your bill, the Financial Aid Office will adjust your student account to accurately reflect any individual student financial support awarded (half-waiver: $375 or full waiver: $750). These credits will be applied to your account before the August 15 bill due date. If you pay the bill early, please deduct the expected credits. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if the expected program support waiver is not reflected on your account by August 6.
- August 15, 2021: Remaining Arts Intensive Program fees are due.
Early Arrival Autumn Housing
- Your university bill in August will show charges for early arrival – DON'T WORRY, you are NOT responsible for paying it.
- Arts Intensive covers Early Arrival charges, and your account will receive a credit for the charges in early September. The credit will appear in your account as “anticipated aid”. “Anticipated Aid” is considered “paid” so please IGNORE the due date of September 15 for this portion of your bill. You ARE still responsible for paying any other items on your bill by the September 15 due date.
- Please contact us at email@example.com if the “Anticipated Aid” does not appear on your official bill by September 9.