Special Instructions for Accademia delle Belle Arti
- Students wishing to take classes at the Fine Arts Academy must follow a procedure whereby they submit a series of documents to the Italian Consulate in San Francisco in order to be able to take the entrance exam for enrollment in the Accademia delle Belle Arti.
- Interested students will need to be in contact with the Florence staff as soon as possible via email, no later than the Spring Quarter prior to their Fall Quarter arrival in Florence.
- For more information on the Accademia delle Belle Arti, please visit their website.
Since enrollment takes place in September and admissions exams are given in September and October of each year, only students arriving in Florence in the Autumn Quarter and staying for the Winter Quarter will be able to take the necessary entrance exams.
- Should all of the documentation be cleared by the Italian Consulate in San Francisco, upon arrival in Florence, students will be given complete and updated information pertaining to exam times (usually exams take place from September 1st-30th), content and enrollment fees.
- Two separate exams may be taken: one is for admission to take any course at the Accademia (painting, sculpture, drawing, etc.); the other is for admission to the Scuola Libera del Nudo (drawing with live nude models). The exams, in the past, have consisted of an oral exam to establish the student’s level of Italian and general cultural background and free hand drawing to demonstrate student’s artistic level. Stanford students will take these exams with Italian and international students who are trying to gain admission into the Fine Arts Academy. The exams will be evaluated exclusively by Fine Arts Academy professors.
- Exam results will be posted at the Fine Arts Academy approximately one week after the exam date.