Skip to content
Skip to navigation
Berlin Language Prerequisite
- For Autumn and Winter quarters, participants do not need any previous language experience. Instead, they will be required to enroll in an intensive onsite German language course during the quarter in Berlin, German 1Z – Accelerated First and Second Quarter German, for 8 units of credit. This course counts as the equivalent of First and Second Quarter German and provides an excellent opportunity to pick up an additional language in an immersive situation. German 2Z - Accelerated Second and Third quarter German, might also be offered in Autumn and/or Winter, depending on the number of qualified applicants and instructor availability.
- For Spring quarter, participants must have completed GERLANG 1 or the equivalent. They are required to take an on-site intensive German language course, German 2Z-Accelerated Second and Third Quarter German, for 8 units of credit. This course counts as the equivalent of the 2nd and 3rd quarters of German language instruction and provides an excellent opportunity to further German language proficiency. It satisfies the minimum language requirement for participation in the Krupp Internship Program.
- Preference will be given to students with additional language study.
Stanford Language Center
- All students, including native speakers, are expected to demonstrate their level of language ability (writing, verbal and reading) by providing results of a recent language placement test or previous coursework. For any questions, please contact the Language Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) with "BOSP" specified in the subject line.
- For students who have completed the language prerequisite by other means, please contact the Stanford Language Center to determine if that preparation serves as an equivalent prerequisite.