- All program participants must arrive in Cape Town and depart on the dates indicated on the Key Dates page.
- Airport pick-ups will be arranged for arrival and departure dates of the program.
ACCOMODATIONS & MEALS
- Housing and dinner five nights per week (Monday – Friday) are provided for the duration of the program from the arrival date through the last day of residence, as indicated in the program calendar.
- Program participants will live in the neighborhood Rondebosch. Rondebosch is within walking distance to the University of Cape Town’s main campus. Shops, restaurants, and a grocery store are all a short walk away.
MEETING PEOPLE & EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Through classes, internships and research opportunities, students interact with a diverse range of instructors and supervisors.
- The University of Cape Town, formally established in 1918, is the oldest university in Cape Town and is a leading research and teaching university. Stanford students will have access to UCT campus facilities, such as libraries, lounges, cafeterias, and sports facilities and are encouraged to interact as much as possible with local students and student organizations.
- Trips associated with the Stanford program will give students the opportunity to explore additional locations in South Africa.
The distinct scenery of Cape Town, from the dramatic coastlines to the striking rise of Table Mountain, makes the city a beacon for nature lovers. Visitors interested in the history and culture of South Africa can visit the many museums, sites of memory and archival resources in the city.