STEP 1: Learn About the FIP Experience
Make sure you check your eligibility. If you have already participated in a previous FIP, you are not eligible to apply. However, you may apply for an Overseas Seminar for the upcoming summer if you have not previously participated on a seminar. You are welcome to apply to as many BOSP quarter length programs as you like, and you should contact BOSP to learn more about these opportunities.
STEP 2: Learn More About Specific FIPs
Please note that you can only apply to one FIP per application cycle. Please take time to familiarize yourself with this year's program offerings prior to submitting an application. Please reach out to the BOSP Special Program Coordinators if you have additional questions.
- Review the description of each FIP thoroughly on the Faculty-Initiated Programs page
- Carefully review the Additional Program Requirements and Academic Prerequisites outlined in the Quick Facts section of each FIP webpage.
- Review the Living and Traveling Conditions and Health and Safety information carefully. Some FIP destinations may require additional health and safety considerations. Some FIPs are more strenuous and physically demanding than others.
- Attend an information session during the month of October to learn more about your FIP(s) of interest and interact with the Faculty Leader. Info session dates and times are listed on each FIP's webpage
- Review the Faculty-Initiated Programs Health and Safety page
- Consider additional costs associated with each FIP (the cost of airfare, in particular, will vary from one FIP to another)
STEP 3: Apply for a FIP
Once you determine which FIP you would like to apply for, review the Application Process thoroughly. FIP participants must adhere to the BOSP participation requirements set forth in the BOSP Participation and Assumption of Risk, Release of Claims, Indemnification and Hold Harmless Agreement.
Once you have reviewed the above links, go to the Apply page to complete your application prior to the deadline on January 14, 2018 at 11:59pm!