STEP 1: Learn About The Seminar /Faculty-Initiated Programs Experience
Learn about BOSP's Overseas Seminars and Faculty-Initiated Programs by reviewing the Overseas Seminars / Faculty-Initiated Programs Overview and Frequently Asked Questions.
Make sure you check your eligibility. Students may only participate in ONE Overseas Seminar and ONE Faculty-Initiated Program during their time at Stanford. You are welcome to apply to as many BOSP quarter length programs as you like, and you should contact BOSP to learn more about these opportunities.
STEP 2: Learn About Specific Seminars / Faculty-Initiated Programs
Please note that you can only apply to one Overseas Seminar per application cycle and one Faculty-Initiated Program per application cycle. BOSP's Overseas Seminars and Faculty-Initiated Programs change every year so it is important that you take time to familiarize yourself with this year's program offerings prior to submitting an application. Please reach out to the BOSP Special Program Coordinators if you have additional questions.
- Review the description of each program thoroughly on the Explore Seminar Locations page and the Explore Faculty-Initiated Program Locations page
- Carefully review the Additional Program Requirements and Academic Prerequisites outlined in the Quick Facts section of each program's webpage
- Review the Living and Traveling Conditions and Health and Safety information carefully. Some destinations may require additional health and safety considerations. Some programs are more strenuous and physically demanding than others. Check the Activity Level for the program, listed in the Quick Facts of the program's webpage.
- Attend an information session during the month of October to learn more about your program(s) of interest and to interact with the Faculty Leader. Info session dates and times are listed on each program's webpage.
- Review the Health and Safety page
- Consider additional costs associated with each program (the cost of airfare, in particular, will vary from one program to another)
STEP 3: Apply For An Overseas Seminar / Faculty-Initiated Program
Once you determine which program you would like to apply for, review the Application Process thoroughly. Students must adhere to the BOSP participation requirements set forth in the BOSP Participation and Assumption of Risk, Release of Claims, Indemnification and Hold Harmless Agreement.
Once you have reviewed the above links, go to the Apply page to complete your application prior to the deadline on October 28, 2018 at 11:59pm!