STEP 1: Learn About The Seminar Experience
Make sure you check your eligibility. If you have already participated on a previous seminar, you are not eligible to apply. However, you may apply for a Faculty-Initiated Program for the upcoming summer if you have not previously participated on a FIP. You are welcome to apply to as many BOSP quarter length programs as you like, and you should contact BOSP to learn more about these opportunities.
STEP 2: Learn About Specific Seminars
Please note that you can only apply to one seminar per application cycle. BOSP's Overseas Seminars change every year so it is important that you take time to familiarize yourself with this year's program offerings prior to submitting an application. Please reach out to the BOSP Special Program Coordinators if you have additional questions.
- Review the description of each seminar thoroughly on the Explore Seminar Locations page
- Carefully review the Additional Program Requirements and Academic Prerequisites outlined in the Quick Facts section of each seminar webpage
- Review the Living and Traveling Conditions and Health and Safety information carefully. Some seminar destinations may require additional health and safety considerations. Some seminars are more strenuous and physically demanding than others.
- Attend an information session during the month of October to learn more about your seminar(s) of interest and interact with the Faculty Leader. Info session dates and times are listed on each seminar's webpage.
- Review the Overseas Seminars Health and Safety page
- Consider additional costs associated with each seminar (the cost of airfare, in particular, will vary from one seminar to another)
STEP 3: Apply For A Seminar
Once you determine which seminar you would like to apply for, review the Application Process thoroughly. Seminar participants must adhere to the BOSP participation requirements set forth in the BOSP Participation and Assumption of Risk, Release of Claims, Indemnification and Hold Harmless Agreement.
Once you have reviewed the above links, go to the Apply page to complete your application prior to the deadline on October 29, 2017 at 11:59pm!