Most courses offered in Santiago are conducted in Spanish, and students continue their language studies while participating in the program. The grading basis for Spanish language classes is Letter Grade Only.
- Participants must have completed SPANLANG 3 or SPANLANG 2A.
- Students who have not placed out of the 2nd-year Spanish language sequence are required to enroll in 2nd-Year Spanish while in Santiago. In addition to formal language classes, students can enroll in a 2-unit language tutorial and may work individually with a language tutor.
- Preference will be given to students with additional language study.
stanford language center
- All students, including native speakers, are expected to demonstrate their level of language ability (writing, verbal and reading) by providing results of a recent language placement test or previous coursework. For any questions, please contact the Language Center (email@example.com) with "BOSP" specified in the subject line.
- For students who have completed the language prerequisite by other means, please contact the Stanford Language Center to determine if that preparation serves as an equivalent prerequisite.