Deadlines to Submit
- Autumn Quarter: September 1, 2015
- Winter Quarter: october 12, 2015
- Spring Quarter: January 25, 2016
Use the Annual Seminar Plan chart found in the course catalog publication.
- Choose up to three courses per quarter and complete a statement of interest for your first ranked (per quarter). Use your statement to convey why you selected the seminar and what you would contribute to the class. If a course has course-specific question it MUST be answered regardless of how you rank the course. NOTE: When instructors review second or third ranked applications, they have the option to see the statement of interest that a student submitted for their first ranked course.
Preview of the Statement of Interest Prompt
Write a statement of interest of no more than 350 words explaining why you are interested in taking this seminar: Think about these questions: "What sparked your interest? What do you think you could contribute to the seminar?" Among the possible topics to consider in forming your response: previous academic experience; personal and cultural background; long-term or recently discovered interests; desire to explore a new field; community service; hobbies or other activities, etc. Be specific, give details that illustrate your points, and use full sentences in a unified presentation.
- Can't locate the course? The catalog has different information? Changes happen, so review the Seminar Changes page for the most recent updates.
- More information on the question can be found below. For feedback about your statement of interest, consider using the resources at the Hume Center for Writing and Speaking.
- The save button will record your selection and/or statement of interest. Look for the confirmation email; you may return to the course application site to edit or update your submitted statement until the quarterly deadline. If you select more than one seminar in a given quarter, the system will rank your choices and give you the option to change it.
- Submit your statement of interest through