Deadlines to Submit
Autumn Quarter: tba
Winter Quarter: tba
Spring Quarter: tba
- Choose up to three courses per quarter and complete a separate essay. Submissions for any quarter may be done up to the quarterly deadlines.
- Can't locate the course? The catalog has different information? Changes happen, so review the Seminar Changes page for the most recent updates.
- Take a moment to prepare a thoughtful response to the essay question. More information on the essay question can be found below. For feedback about your essay, consider using the resources at the Hume Center.
- The save button will submit your essay. You will receive a confirmation email and may return to the course site to edit or update your submitted essay until the deadline. If you submit an essay to more than one seminar in a given quarter, you must rank your choices.
- Submit Now
Preview - Essay Question
Please write a short essay of no more than 350 words explaining why you should be admitted to this seminar. Think about these questions: "What sparked your interest?" and "What do you think you could contribute to the seminar?" Among the possible topics to consider in forming your response: previous academic experience; personal and cultural background; long-term or recently discovered interests; desire to explore a new field; community service; hobbies or other activities, etc. Be specific, give details that illustrate your points, and use full sentences in a unified presentation.
More Information on the Essay Question:
- A few seminars may have additional course-specific questions.
- Consider a short statement of interest that will convey as clearly and poignantly as possible why you selected the seminar and what you would contribute to the class.