Keep the following tips in mind when submitting your statement.
Tips for SUBMITTING A STATEMENT OF INTEREST
- Hume Center for Writing and Speakingoffers consultation and tutoring as well as workshops at the dorms on "Writing an Essay for IntroSems". Look for the schedule and for drop-in hours on the Writing Center's calendar.
- Tell a storyabout yourself and your interest in the subject. Faculty look for students with diverse backgrounds and attitudes. The more the instructor can understand your motivations and approach, the more likely he or she will keep you in mind for the final class list.
- Write a well-crafted paragraphor two for the application questions. Statements have a limit of 3,000 characters (aproximately 350 words).
- Proofreadand share your statements with an advisor, family member, or friend.
- Keep an open mindabout what might interest you. Remember that while some seminars are over-subscribed, others will have spaces available after the submission deadline.
- Save your statementsas you write, and be aware of deadlines. Your submission will not be accepted after the 5:00PM deadline.