About getting accepted into a WRITE 2 IntroSem
Enrollment is managed by IntroSems; for this purpose, all WRITE 2 IntroSems are closed:
- The program administrator will add/drop the course to your study list in Axess.
- If plans change and you cannot take the course, notification to IntroSems and the instructor is required.
- If you are on the waitlist, attend the first class to demonstrate your continued interest.
Key Points about WRITE 2 IntroSems:
- Completion of a WRITE 2 IntroSem will satisfy the University's second level Writing and Rhetoric requirement (WRITE 2).
- If the WRITE 2 IntroSem is certified to satisfy a Way, the course may count towards fulfilling the Way in addition to the WRITE 2 requirement.
- WRITE 2 IntroSems are primarily limited to students who have completed the first-level Writing and Rhetoric requirement (PWR1) and have not yet fulfilled WRITE 2 (PWR2).
- A Note About PWR2 Preferences (from the PWR program website) when you apply:
When you apply for a WRITE 2 IntroSem that is offered in the same quarter of your PWR 2 assignment, you are still required to submit PWR 2 section proferences for that quarter. If your statement of interest is accepted, the IntroSem becomes your defacto "first choice" and eliminates all other PWR2 preferences. If your statement of interest is either waitlisted or not accepted, your PWR 2 preference will be assigned.
If the WRITE 2 IntroSem is offered before your assigned PWR 2 quarter, the PWR office will cancel your future PWR 2 assignment.
For more information, please read PWR Course, Assignment, and Enrollment Answers.