Stanford Introductory Studies (SIS) in VPUE coordinates the Introductory Seminars offered by departments and programs from all seven schools. Department and program faculty are invited to submit courses, primarily between January 1 and March 15. Submitted seminars will be part of next year's curriculum contingent on department chair and decanal approvals.
The SIS IntroSems Program handles outreach and enrollment in the seminars. Course creation and class record maintenance, scheduling, and classroom reservation are the responsibility of the primary offering department or program.
- Questions about instructor eligibility? I.e., Who can teach a Frosh IntroSem? Who can teach a Sophomore Seminar? Review the "Types of Introductory Seminars" table here.
- Learn about the unique component types and suffixes for IntroSems in Axess.
- Review seminar scheduling guidelines and CPS updates made by IntroSems administrators.
- Learn about the enrollment process specific to IntroSems.
- Find information related to IntroSem curriculum development.
Adding an IntroSem during the Current Academic Year
If your department wants to add an IntroSem after phase 1 of the curriculum development process (after Mar 15), please send your request to Lauri Dietz, Associate Director of Introductory Seminars & Faculty Development, and copy email@example.com. Also complete the new seminar webform.