Thank you for your interest in becoming a Leland Scholars Preceptor. Applications are now open. Questions? Please email us at email@example.com
Noon, Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Preceptor Job Description
The LSP Preceptor position is a challenging student leadership role which reports to the LSP Director and supports the overall mission of LSP through (1) outreach to prospective freshman, (2) general operational support of the dorm, (3) facilitating an environment that contributes to the academic, intellectual, personal, and social development of students, (4) introducing students to various academic and administrative resources at Stanford, (5) contributing to the success of co-curricular activities and weekend trips, (6) building positive on-going relationships - especially with a group of 6-8 assigned freshman throughout their participation in the LSP Summer Program.
LSP Preceptors are expected to:
- Work approximately 15 hours (total) during Spring quarter (April/May) to support LSP outreach and recruitment efforts.
- Participate in staff orientation and training from August 4, 2014 – August 8, 2014.
- Work full-time as a live-in resident from August 9, 2014 until August 30, 2014.
- Maintain on-going involvement in LSP reunions, events, and programs.
Compensation for LSP Preceptors includes on-campus housing and dining throughout the duration of the program (including training) and a stipend of $1500.
Qualifications and Eligibility
The preceptor position is only open to rising juniors, rising seniors, and co-term Stanford students.
Successful candidates will have:
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work with a diverse student population
- Experience and desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, manage administrative details
- Strong interpersonal intuition and group facilitation skills
- Experience serving as a mentor to younger students
- Understanding of the LSP mission and ability to articulate it to others
- Broad knowledge of Stanford resources, offices, activities, and opportunities
- Expressed commitment to the well-being of under-resourced students
- Good academic and disciplinary standing with the University
Interested applicants should submit a completed online LSP Preceptor application, unofficial transcript, recent resume, and a list of three names of references and their contact information (email, phone, address). Materials must be submitted online by Wednesday, February 26th, 2014.