Do you come from a background where you grew up speaking or writing in a language other than or in addition to English? If so, you may be interested in applying for PWR’s Studio for multilingual writers, a 1-unit credit/no credit course that you take in the same quarter as your PWR 1, ESF, or ITALIC 95W section.
Applications for the fall PWR 1 Studio closed at noon on Sunday, September 22. Application results will be announced by Monday, September 23 at 9am.
What is the Studio?
The PWR Studio (PWR 1WS) is a productive space where you and other multilingual student writers can practice writing strategies you can use in PWR 1, 2, and beyond. With a focus on group workshopping and individual consultations, the studio is a 1-unit, credit/no credit course that you take in the same quarter as your PWR 1, ESF, or ITALIC writing section. The Studio has no required coursework or outside-of-class assignments.
When is the Studio next offered?
The following is the Studio schedule for the 2019-2020 academic year:
- Fall quarter 2019: Wednesdays, 3:30-5:00 PM with Jennifer Johnson
- Winter quarter 2020: Wednesdays, 3:30-5:00 PM Norah Fahim
- Spring quarter 2020: Fridays, 10:00-11:30 AM with Tesla Schaeffer
How do I apply?
The application deadline for the fall PWR 1 studio was noon on Sunday, September 22nd. It will open again for winter in early November. At that time, you can apply for the winter PWR 1 studio through our online form, which asks you to respond to the following prompts:
- Describe your identity as a multilingual writer. Tell us about your experience writing/speaking in more than one language. (200 words max)
- Explain why you would like to enroll in the PWR 1 Studio. What would you like to learn? (200 words max)
Fall application results will be emailed to studio applicants by Monday, September 23 at 9am.
Questions? Email email@example.com