Do you come from a background where you grew up speaking or writing in a language other than or in addition to English? If so, you may be interested in applying for PWR’s new Studio for multilingual writers, a 1-unit credit/no credit course that you take in the same quarter as your PWR 1 section.
Applications for the spring PWR 1 Studio are now open.
What is the Studio?
The PWR Studio (PWR 1WS) is a productive space where you and other multilingual student writers can practice writing strategies you can use in PWR 1, 2, and beyond. With a focus on group workshopping and individual consultations, the studio is a 1-unit, credit/no credit course that you take in the same quarter as your PWR section. The Studio has no required coursework or outside-of-class assignments.
When is the Studio next offered?
The following is the Studio schedule for the 2018-2019 academic year:
- Fall quarter 2018: Wednesdays, 3:30-5:00 PM
- Winter quarter 2019: Tuesdays, 3:30-5:00 PM
- Spring quarter 2019: Fridays, 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
How do I apply?
The application deadline for the spring PWR 1 studio is noon on Sunday, March 31, 2019. You can apply through the online form, which asks you to respond to the following prompts:
- Describe your identity as a multilingual writer. Tell us about your experience writing/speaking in more than one language. (200 words max)
- Explain why you would like to enroll in the PWR 1 Studio. What would you like to learn? (200 words max)
Application results will be emailed to studio applicants no later than 8am on Monday, April 1, 2019.
Questions? Email email@example.com