Key Dates for the Notation in Science Communication: 2019-2020
Fall Quarter 2019
Thursday, Aug 1: Axess opens for fall enrollment. NSC courses offered Fall 2019:
- PWR 99A: Portfolio Preparation I. Instructor: Meg Formato. M 4:30 - 5:20 P.M.
- PWR 91NSC: Introduction to Science Communication. Instructor: Russ Carpenter. M/W 3:30-5:20
- PWR 194EP: Introduction to Environmental Justice: Communicating Race, Class, Gender and the Environment. Instructors: Emily Polk and Sibyl Driver. M/W 11:30 A.M.-1:30 P.M.
Monday, Oct 7, 9am: Applications open for Notation in Science Communication. Students interested in applying for the Notation will submit a 500 word statement describing their interest in the Notation in Science Communication through the NSC Application form.
Monday, Oct. 21, 5pm: Deadline to apply for the Notation in Science Communication
Friday, Nov 2, 5pm: Application results posted
Winter Quarter 2020
NSC courses offered Winter 2020:
- PWR 99B: Portfolio Preparation II (required for all graduating seniors). Instructor: Meg Formato. F 9:30 - 11:20 A.M.
- PWR 91CW: Seeing is Believing: The Rhetoric of Big Data. Instructor: Cassie Wright. M/W 1:30-3:20 P.M.
- PWR 91NSC: Introduction to Science Communication. Instructor: Jenne Stonaker. T/Th 1:30 - 3:20 P.M.
Spring Quarter 2019
NSC courses offered Spring 2020:
Wednesday, April 1, 5pm: Deadline to submit revised ePortfolio for final consideration for NSC
Friday, May 8, 9am: Applications open for Notation in Science Communication. *Priority given to Frosh and Sophomores
Monday, May 22, 5pm: Deadline to apply for the Notation in Science Communication
Friday, May 22, 10:30am: Online NSC ePortfolio Celebration and Showcase