How to Make an appointment
- Go to TutorTrac, our online appointment scheduling system: http://sututor.stanford.edu.
- Select either "Oral Communication: Hume" or "Writing: Hume" (labeled "Center:")
- If you have trouble making a tutoring appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more instructions, view how to schedule an appointment in TutorTrac.
Writing consultants are expert writers and experienced, trained tutors who can help students at any stage of the writing process on any writing assignment. Undergraduate and graduate students can sign up for two 50-minute appointments per week (a total of 100 minutes). Please note, appointments cannot be booked consecutively.
You do not need to have a draft written to meet with a tutor. We can work with you on:
- Narrowing down a topic
- Research skills
- Idea integration
Please read the Writing Center policies and procedures.
Oral Communication Appointments
Oral Communication Tutors (OCTs), a highly-trained group of student consultants, are available to meet with students during regularly-scheduled shifts from Wednesday of Week 2 through Week 10 each quarter. OCTs are also available during Summer Quarter and by request during intersession weeks. Appointments are 45 minutes in duration; if you're rehearsing a talk that's 20 minutes or longer, we recommend scheduling two back-to-back sessions (for 1.5 hours total). Meet with an OCT to:
- Rehearse your presentation
- Videotape your speech
- Design effective visual aids
- Reduce speech anxiety
- Practice for your job interview
To request a meeting with a lecturer from the Oral Communication Program, please submit the request form at least 3 business days in advance.
Please read the Speaking Center policies and procedures.