The Hume Center for Writing and Speaking provides several resources to help students with writing assignments in their WIM courses.
- Students can make an appointment or a series of appointments with an experienced writing consultant to work on brainstorming, outlining, organizing, or polishing an essay.
- All appointment-based consultants are qualified to work with you on your writing. To find a consultant whose background and interests match yours, please review the short biographies of lecturer and graduate student tutors.
Students or instructors can request a workshop for a class, on topics such as:
- Generating a research question
- Developing a thesis
- Introduction to documentation and style conventions of a particular field
- Effectively managing sources to support an argument
To request a workshop, write to us at email@example.com.
DISCIPLINE-SPECIFIC WRITING RESOURCES