Spring 2015 Photo Contest Information
Calling all shutterbugs! Whether you use a DSLR or a camera phone, we want to see Stanford through your viewfinder. Submit your best Stanford photos for a chance to win! The submission portal is now open.
- SNAP A PHOTO: Take photos of Stanford scenes, activities and events.
- CHOOSE A CATEGORY: You can enter your photo under any one of the five categories described below.
- SUBMIT: Submit your photos through our online web form (you will be prompted to log in). You will be asked to agree to a photo release so that we can feature your photo in our web and print publications!
- WIN: Category winners will be featured on the Undergrad website and receive a $50 Amazon gift card. Their photos will additionally be considered alongside those of the other finalists for the Grand Prize, which will be selected by a panel of campus art and photography experts at the end of the 2014-15 academic year.
The Undergrad Photo Contest is a way for you to show us -- and the rest of the student body -- your Stanford life. We will be awarding prizes for each of 5 categories:
What counts as art? Show us! Send in photos of your friends and peers engaged in creative pursuits. This includes everything from spontaneous late night jam sessions to the capstone creative project you've been working on all year. Examples: painting, performing, recording, sculpting, creative writing, sound art, photography...
Learning in action
What does learning look like at Stanford? Send in photos of your academic pursuits both inside and outside of the classroom. Examples: Study sessions, lectures, meetings with advisors, classes, workshops, presentations, tutoring at the Hume Center, PWR, Thinking Matters, IntroSems, ESF, ITALIC, SIMILE...
a Day in the life
What does your typical day look like? Take us behind the scenes. Examples: hanging out with friends, going to a game, happenings in White Plaza, student group meetings, campus traditions...
Get outside of the Stanford bubble! Submit photos of field trips, internships, Alternative Spring Break adventures, Stanford in Washington, study abroad, local excursions...
Technical skill: loving light
"Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography.” – George Eastman, founder of Kodak
Take photos with light in mind -- the rest is up to you.
The Fine Print: Rules and Requirements
- Only Stanford undergraduates enrolled during Winter Quarter 2014-2015 are eligible to win.
- Please do not submit photos previously submitted to the Undergrad Photo Contest or owned by another organization.
- Students may submit as many photos as they would like.
- Students submitting photographs agree to a photo release while entering photos into the contest. If there are any questions or concerns about permissions and image rights, please contact email@example.com.