Academic Leadership Opportunities
Departmental Peer Mentoring
Most departments have opportunities for upperclassmen to mentor students new to the major. Contact the specific department or program for more information.
Students who are interested in providing tutoring in Oral Communication, Writing, or subject areas can become paid tutors. Community Centers and Tau Beta Pi also welcome volunteer tutors in specific subjects.
- Subject Tutors
- Community Centers
- Hume Writing Center Tutors
- Language Conversation Partners
- Stanford University Math Organization
- Tau Beta Pi
Undergraduate Advisory Boards
Several organizations around campus have created undergraduate advisory boards, designed to give students a voice in the administration of different academic programs and services.
- COLLEGE Student Advisory Board and COLLEGE Governance Board
- Haas National Advisory Board
- Introductory Seminars Student Advisory Board
- PWR Undergraduate Advisory Board (info coming soon)
- VPUE Student Advisory Group
The Cap and Gown Society encourages networking and exchanging ideas by bringing together alumnae and women from the Stanford community.
Excellent oral communication skills are fundamental for strong leadership. The Oral Communication Program offers a comprehensive approach to speech communication that includes training in the fundamental principles of public speaking and effective delivery of oral presentations.